Creating a Positive Learning Environment 2017
- Review of Celebrating Success
- Progress Awards
- Year group celebrations
- Review trips and enrichment
- Sixth Form common room upgrade, we purchased screens and speakers.
- Upgraded the bike racks.
- TASA assisted with outdoor games, we purchased a giant chess set and connect4.
- There will be display cases put up to showcase student work.
Head Teacher Question Time
Head teacher's question time takes place on the first Monday of each month and 8:40am. Here's what has recently been discussed:
- Litter strategy: There is now a new reward system for litter pickers. Students who help pick litter at the end of lunch will receive a merit.
- The local council award bit for more equipment.
- Arts project for litter awareness.
- There will be question boxes placed in forms to take to the head teacher during question time.
- We have reviewed the charity days.
- We have reviewed the academy's fundraising strategy.
Stevenage Educational Trust
- Thomas Alleyne Student Parliament: Town wide litter strategy and competition for awareness campaign.
- Student Parliament visited Cavendish Road Refuse Site.
- Environment projects: Litter awareness/recycling and pond clearance project.
- May SET: Student well being across the town.
- Congratulations to Oliver Hazell and George Cole, head students and leaders of new senior student team.
- Student Parliament Project 2017.18
- Heritage Day: Planned activities week and throughout academic year.
- Parent anticipation project: Enterprise and engagement.
- HT QT: Monday 24th April 8:30am in the Study Suite.
- SET Student Parliament: Monday 15th May
- Thomas Alleyne Parliament meetings: April 20th and July 7th 1:30pm in C5.
- Senior Student meetings: Thursday 27th April and Monday 1st July 1:30pm in the Study Skills Suite.
- Senior Student SLT Briefing: Thursday 4th May at 3:30pm in the Conference Centre