What is the title of this course? Edexcel GCSE Business Studies
What level of qualification?
Edexcel GCSE Business Studies (one GCSE A* - D)
What are the main topics I will be taught?
Students who decided to take GCSE Business Studies will be able to actively engage in the study of business and economics, to develop as effective and independent students and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds. Students use an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish facts and opinions, build arguments and make informed judgements. Developing and applying their knowledge, understanding and skills to contemporary issues in a range of local, national and global contexts.
Students begin to appreciate the range of perspectives of different stakeholders in relation to business and economic activities and consider the extent to which business and economic activity can be ethical and sustainable.
Students study the following;
- Unit 1: Introduction to Small Business
- Unit 2: Investigating Small Business
- Unit 3: Building a Business
What type of learning activities will I undertake?
Guest speakers from local business and visits organised to Businesses to link into the coursework
How will I be assessed?
Edexcel GCSE Business Studies is assessed through;
· Unit 1: Introduction to Small Business – Multiple-choice and objective test questions based external exam
· Unit 2: Investigating Small Business – A controlled assessment which will include; Research and investigation, analysis/evaluation of task (final write-up). This unit is internally marked by teachers and moderated by Edexcel.
· Unit 3: Building a Business – Questions will comprise of a combination of multiple-choice, short- and extended-answer, data response and scenario-based external exam
What are the possible progression routes once I have this qualification?
6th form to study GCE Business or college courses at level 3 or full time employment