In science we aim to ensure that:
- · we teach science in ways which promote enjoyment, interest and success, with practical work as an integral part of teaching and learning
- · schemes of work encourage all pupils to become familiar with scientific knowledge and principles, to plan, carry out and evaluate their own investigations and to consider the wider implications of scientific developments
- · activities are relevant, stimulating and accessible but challenging, with work appropriate to each individual’s ability and development
- · assessment is fully incorporated as part of both teaching and learning
- · the identities of biology, chemistry and physics are maintained within the science curriculum
A lunchtime the KS3 Whizz Bang Smell club runs during Tuesday lunchtime, and science trips, challenge events and special lectures run throughout the year. Recent activities have included The Big Bang Challenge and a CSI Day.