This morning I met with the students who are participating in the PGL trip at the end of this month and have given them the attached documents, stating what they need to bring with them for the trip, and confirmed what not to bring. I have informed students that bedding will be provided on site.
When students are packing for travelling, they only need to use a small suitcase/holdall, to avoid bringing large suitcases, as they will need to carry themselves.
The arrangements for the weekend are as follows:
Friday 27th September
• Arrive to school normal time, in non-uniform, drop off luggage to dining hall/main hall before registration
• Ensure they bring plenty of clothes for layering due to colder weather
• Ensure to pack two towels and footwear that can get muddy and damp (footwear will get very wet for the water activity)
• Attend registration and lessons period 1 and 2
• Leave lesson at 10.30am (show exit slip) to register in Dining Hall, they will have the opportunity to have a free snack from the kitchen
• Embark to the coach to depart at approx. 11:00am to arrive Osmington Bay at approx. 3.50pm
• The coach will stop on route to Osmington Bay, here they can eat a packed lunch (you might be able to purchase food on route)
• First activity will be Splash (capture the flag) in the evening, please dress suitably for colder weather
Saturday 28th September
• Dragon boat racing in the morning and outdoor activities in the afternoon– ensure to bring suitable clothing to keep warm after, as the temperature will be dropping significantly
• Evening activity – Campfire, prepare for cold conditions.
Sunday 29th September
• During the day - outdoor activities – ensure to bring suitable clothing to keep warm
• Depart Osmington Bay by 6.00pm
• Approximate arrival TAA 9.00pm, depending on traffic
• Students must be collected by their parent/carer from the school
• If your child isn't being collected we must see a text from the parent/carer to confirm they are walking home
Should students wish to purchase snacks on site, there is a small shop, they can bring money with them to buy these items.
PGL request that electrical devices, computer games, jewellery/valuables etc. are not taken on the trip. We give students permission to bring their mobile devices with them, but they are responsible for keeping their belongings safe, these belongings are not covered under PGL or the schools insurance.
Not all students have permission for their photos to be shared, whilst we appreciate students like to capture a great photo, we must request they students do not share these on any social website during or after the trip. It is important that students adhere to the ICT Use Agreement.
If you know your child suffers from travel sickness, may we ask you to purchase and supply appropriate medication before departure and should your child take medication please make sure that I have been made aware, on departure, and is handed all medication for safe storage.
If you have any questions about the activity weekend, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me by return email to email@example.com
Mrs L Swain
Key Stage 4 Student Support Worker